2 5 3 Header
Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen

Cultural icon of Rotterdam

Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen is one of Rotterdam’s most important cultural icons. KPN wants to make the museum’s collection and exhibitions accessible to a wider public. We do this by contributing financially and with our ICT expertise.

Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen has been located at the heart of Rotterdam for 170 years. The unique museum has an internationally appreciated and high quality collection of works from art historically interesting periods. The collection was born of the passion of collectors: more than half of it was donated by committed private individuals. KPN is happy to be associated with this special museum.

The world's first publicly accessible art storage facility

Special depot

The world's first publicly accessible art storage facility will open in the Museumpark in Rotterdam in the second half of 2021. Depot Boijmans Van Beuningen offers a look behind the scenes of the museum world and makes the entire art collection public. Museums worldwide usually only show 6-10% of the collection. The rest, more than 90% is stored. Depot Boijmans Van Beuningen will break with this hidden tradition and make all invisible works of art visible. In a unique, iconic mirrored building, designed by MVRDV, all 151,000 objects will have their own place in the heart of the city. The 39.5 meter high building with roof forest and panoramic view will become a new icon for Rotterdam. At the end of September 2020, the still empty building will open to the public for a few days.

As an ICT partner and sponsor, KPN has joined the Boijmans Van Beuningen Depot of which the construction started in 2017. The masterpieces from the KPN art collection will also be housed in this special building and will be exhibited for a wide audience in time.

Read more